Sunday, July 30, 2023

Wedding Invitations ~ Finally

(I can't tell anymore if it's my laptop or my phone that is changing the color of my pictures but it makes me sad, especially when I put so much time into making something. ) 

Some might be aware that our daughter's wedding was not what it was supposed to be back in 2020 as we were 3+ months into the Covid lockdown and venues were closed, people were discouraged from having large gatherings, and well, I think you know the rest.  While they didn't have their planned wedding celebration, they did get married on the day that they chose and we crossed the border into another state (which meant we had to quarantine when we got home) to be witness to it.  Only their parents (and Maverick at 1) were there with the officiant.

Subsequently, when all those restrictions were lifted they tried to reschedule something at the earliest they could.  That was not to be as they couldn't get it in before their venue went out of business a year later and all those other weddings that had to be postponed gobbled up the days.  I've seemingly lost all track of time and I don't remember when they finally found the new venue and date but it's going to take place this August 5th.

Colors were picked out and dresses were purchased back in 2020.  The bride's also.  But as we neared the date, several found out that their dresses no longer fit, includind the bride, so there were multiple purchases on that front.  I had stocked up on the cardstock that I thought I would need for completing the invitations that she asked me to make.  I was more than grateful to LeAnn of Wee Inklings for coming to the rescue when I discovered that my stock didn't included enough ink for the stamped parts and she shared what she had.  You see, some of the colors that I was using were retired in the interim and no longer available through the company.  

Rachel wanted something simple, but of course pretty, and mentioned eucalyptus leaves.  I had a few things in my stash tucked away with the eucalyptus leaves and hearts, and a new lace panel that I thought would give it a nice touch.  (Once you scroll further down you will hopefully see the true color of blue that it is.)

This is how it would come out of the envelope.  The navy and lace with the heart is a belly band encompassing the invitation and the response card.  It is meant to be off-center so the response card covers the wording underneath and the eucalyptus motif just barely peeks out of the band.


The lace panel was die cut and adhered to the navy band.  (A lot of confetti was created here!)


The wreaths were stamped in two steps and die cut and then added to a die cut heart.


This was the two-stepped stamp on the back of the response card.  I have a die to cut these out and make a wreath out of for her when she is done with them.


The inside of the invitation was printed on our printer initially on all that I needed only for me to find out as I was cutting them apart (they were printed 4 to the page) that the ink from the inkjet printer was smearing on the white cardstock I used.  Luckily I was able to take that page of 4 to Staples and have copies made on their copier that did not smear.  The next step, after cutting to size was stamping them with the eucalyptus, layering on the navy and adding to the backing.  As you can see, I also stamped and die cut another sprig of eucalyptus for the foldover.  The response cards were printed on the printer strangely without any smearing problem.  


You can see the blue better below I hope.  


We've been working on a couple other projects getting ready for the wedding in less than a week.  I'll be preparing a checklist tonight of all the things we will need to bring.  The wedding is in Lancaster, Pa. and we have to be there on Friday morning for the rehearsal as the venue is being used for a wedding that evening.  It's about a 2 hr. drive from here so there won't be any running back home for anything forgotten.  Just hoping for nice weather.  Keep your fingers crossed for us.

6 comments:

  1. What a story! So glad they're finally getting to have their big day! The invites turned out beautifully! And you know I am only an hour away from Lancaster!!! Praying for good weather and a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnne! I wouldn't have gotten them done without you. You truly saved the day.

      Delete
  2. The invitation is gorgeous Lorraine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful invitations. I love that you will be creating a wreath from the response cards. I'm sorry you encountered a smearing problem - that you could have done without. I hope the day is a beautiful celebration with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous invitations - and now it's to be hoped the day itself is just as perfect.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.