Monday, July 17, 2023

ICAD 2023 - Weeks 5 & 6

 We were having the kids up for the weekend before the 4th of July so I was trying to work ahead on some of these, it was finding the time to post that threw me off.  So we have two weeks together again.

Day 29 - Evergreen
Die cut paint chips in shades of green with some Micron line work in between.


Day 30 - Playground
I used a sheet from an old softball score book for this.  Colored the diamonds with my prismacolors and the lyrics are from Madonna's song heard at the end of "A League of Their Own".


Day 31 - Charcoal
The quote refers to how Halloween flowers surely would have charcoal black petals.  Done in watercolor pencils, Sharpie, and gel pen.


Day 32 - Cottage
I used a gingerbread house die cut and gave it a summer face lift to make a sweet little cottage.


Day 33 - Perspective (Off-prompt)
Dot markers and Micron


Day 34 - Summer
Patriotic holidays, sunshine and full moons, and a yard full of purple and pink flowers say summer for me.  Watercolor pencils and Micron.


Day 35 - Astronomy
Watercolor pencils based on the Astronomy Picture of the Day for January 31, 2015.


Day 36 - Imaginary 
I'm showing this in black and white and in color because I really didn't like the way the computer/phone depicted the colors.  I couldn't edit it to show what it looked like IRL.  But there are some imaginary plants and fairy bugs.



Day 37 - Metallic
I used my metallic dot markers to make this and could't decided whether the white background or the black background showed it off best.



Day 38 - Zodiac
This was created using zodiacal information on our immediate family members and includes the chocolate pairing for those signs as was featured in an article I saw for National Chocolate Day that same week.


Day 39 - Levels
I was going to go with the simple version of these levels and then.....


Decided to add the background with a marker that has a tip that makes the three lines side by side.


Day 40 - Chandelier
Maybe a view from beneath.  Done with those metallic markers again.


Day 41 - Float or Buoy
I used some neon flag stickers and cut them up to create these floats that HWNSNBP thought were bird houses.  I know they're not traditional colors for such floats but I think it looks summery.  I scored the card before adding them to look like siding and just drew in the ropes and nails.


Day 42 - Trivia
A little quiz with a little line work.  What's your guess?


More coming up soon.

3 comments:

  1. The paint chips one is just fabulous, and after that I'd say Summer is my favourite. Kudos to you for managing to keep up with them all through a busy (and hot) summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do a great job interpreting the prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warning to anyone that reads your blog. DO NOT get behind like I did. Through 2 days I have looked over your posts since June 28. How in the world do you come up with so many ideas with so many art mediums? Love all the pics too. I refuse to just quickly scan through because I'm afraid I'll miss something. I have to read how each item was created. How do you find the time? Incredible to color in little spots on a security envelope. Just wow! I've got to eat something then I'll "start" looking at your new posts. Please keep blogging. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.