Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Christmas Eve Eve and More

This is the first time I think we've ever had one of our amaryllis bulbs blooming for Christmas.  Usually, if we were lucky, we would get a flower about a week to two weeks after.  So, HWNSNBP must have calculated this correctly this time.  I only hope I wrote down the date he planted them on my calendar for reference next year.  This was a new bulb and we picked it because of the stripes.



I loved how the sun came through the window to illuminate part of the tree on Christmas morning.


A fuller picture of the tree.


This is my lemon tree temporarily located in this part of the room.  I hung my garland from Nanette in the Netherlands and the new ornaments that I had made this year including all those gnomes.  GS2 helped for about a quick minute.  I have three other trees I'll post pictures of soon. 


These were the best presents under the tree this year.  We were able to get together on Christmas Eve Eve.  The weather held out and even though there were snow flurries, it wasn't bad enough to deter the kids getting here with their families.  Rachel and her family stayed overnight and left early Saturday morning.  These little guys were great.  They played well together and we even got them to sit at the table and eat with us. They only had one dust-up but no harm was done.


I don't remember what exactly was happening here but it just cracked me up with the look on HWNSNBP's face and the way the boys are standing.  I think he was trying to put batteries in a new toy and they were a little anxious.  Though it may look like it, there was no yelling involved.


I had a few ornaments that I had saved for the little ones to put on the tree and forgot to do that when they were both here.  So I gave GS2 the chore the next morning and he obliged willingly hanging all but one of the 6 on the same branch.  And with such concentration.  


More pictures to come.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful time spent with family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see your grands at this age....they really grow up quickly, so enjoy them now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky with the amaryllis. I was listening to the early morning farming programme on the radio this morning. It was a four in the south of England who grow traditional Carribbean foods. They felt it took most things three years to start to do well; growing from harvested seed after the first year they felt things almost seemed to adapt to the British climate. I don't know if you could guarantee an amaryllis blooming the same time even if it was planted on the same date.
    I'm so glad for you that the weather didn't stop the family being together. Christmas is for families.
    Love the gnomes in the lemon tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love your Amaryllis! What pretty stripes! I also love the photo of HWNSNBP and the look on his face! And GS2 with his arms around GS1 is gorjuss! Your Christmas tree is beautiful. Thank you for sharing a little it of your Christmas! Sunshine xx

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.