Monday, December 19, 2022

Santa's Helper in the Woodshop

HWNSNBP, aka "my elf" as I used to refer to him when I was working, got a request from our` daughter for a project from his workshop - a coffee table. She gave him the basics - size, style, color, etc.  He spent many hours on this beauty.  Picture is taken at our house in front of our tree but it was delivered as a surprise mid last week.  We coordinated with our SIL so he could turn off their doorbell camera and meet us at the house during his lunch break to help get it into the house.  Needless to say, she was definitely surprised and extremely pleased with the results.


He made night stands couple of years ago for her that are similar but each time he claims to learn a new skill.  In this case it was the way that he installed the drawer.

I asked him to help me out with a little project too.  It involved cutting these wooden triangles from some scrap wood he had that I subsequently painted and turned into......


These gnome ornaments. They're hanging off of the metal mesh pencil cup that's atop the checked cup just so you know there's no body to them.  I only wanted a couple of triangles and he gave me 14 so I have a whole family of them.


There's another woodworking project in the works but I can't show that off yet.  

3 comments:

  1. Your elf did a beautiful job on that table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wood working Elf is certainly very talented not to mention helpful! Love the table, and the hanging Elves! Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Hugs from Sunshine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Santa's helper is an ace in the workshop. That coffee table will be treasured, I am sure. The gnomes are cute.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.