Sunday, December 26, 2021

The 25 Doors of Christmas and My Helper

I will admit that I missed a couple of days.  I really thought I went back and made the days up, but apparently I did not.  In any case, on the 18th our son and his family came to celebrate Christmas with us.  We were originally going to have both our son and daughter's family together but GS2 was directly exposed to someone at daycare and had to be in quarantine.  (This is the third time since September that he has had to be out of school because of exposure.)  Of course they didn't want to put anyone in jeopardy so they stayed home.   Towards the end of the visit, I was showing GS1 my book of Christmas doors and he saw that I had the next day sketched and asked if he could color it.  I said "sure" and got out the colored pencils for him.  I let him pick what he wanted to color and the colors.


They had to get going before he finished and he handed me the metallic rose pencil and said to use that next.  So I colored the window.  I outlined the sketch lines and the only other things that I colored on this were the two horizontal candy canes, the siding, and the colored balls on the twigs (which he told his mother he liked when she showed him the picture of it finished that I had sent them).  He wanted me to draw him more doors to color and we talked about doing an art journal to go back and forth that I'll prepare in January.  Pretty good for a 5-1/2 year-old don't you think!


This door was inspired by the lighthouse that I received in the ornament exchange I did in November.  Wish I was able to fix that wonky tablecloth.


There is an antique store near the condo that this is based on. The real building has more to it on the left side with a porch, but I took my liberty with it.  The colors are those of the real house though.


I think I've been watching too many Hallmark Christmas movies.  There's always some kind of tree festival going on or Christmas bazaar.  This would be the Hall of Trees.


I have to say that this is one of my favorites.  Although I think she might need a hat.  I might elaborate on this and have some prints made of it next year.  


Okay. Yes.  I know.  The yellow is a bit loud but it wasn't in my head.  


This came to me just before I fell asleep the night before I drew it and I'm really surprised that I remembered it in the morning.  Who could that be trying on Christmas sweaters on Christmas Eve?  A lost elf perhaps.


And to end things up, since I had done my front door, I thought it only fitting that I should also add the back door.  That frame that I used to make the wreath is a bit more elaborate IRL but since the buffalo plaid ribbon was fussy enough to do, I decided the frame was good as is.


So there you have 22 of the 25 Doors of Christmas for 2021.  

2 comments:

  1. Such wonderful doors! I think my favourite has to be the collaborative one with your grandie - there's such a wonderful look of concentration on his face too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourites are your favourite - such a fun idea, and such beautiful winter sky colours, and the last one, which I think is such a lovely idea with the frame as a wreath. How great to have a happy helper - and an ongoing collaborative project. I'm sure he will love that.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.