Thursday, October 8, 2020

Recent Cards

Rachel asked if I could make her a couple of wedding cards kind of last minute.  They're not attending the weddings, but she still wanted to wish them well.  She didn't give me anything to go on this time like she usually does so I kept it pretty neutral.  White, ivory, and kraft with a little hint of gold.


The gold strip was in the scrap box and I decided to use my gold shimmer paint to give some sparkle to those flower centers.


I was pretty proud of myself for coming up with a mailer for these, although I didn't take a picture.  I used a Cheez-It box turned inside-out.  I took the box apart at the seam and cut off the parts that were the top and the bottom. I then flattened it out so that the piece that was the seam attachment became the flap.  I just used some of my decorative duct tape to tape up the sides and the flap - packing tape was an option.  It was very sturdy as a mailer so those cards did not bend.  I'll take pictures next time.

The next two cards were for anniversaries.  My son and daughter-in-law's and ours.  I had stamped this shell frame earlier this year and finally got around to coloring it about a month ago in preparation.  I almost forgot about it when I was trying to think of a design for their card.  I usually try to do a beach theme for them as they were married on the beach.  And I still have a bunch of Bermuda Bay cardstock from the invitations.  The lovebirds below are similar to the two that I made earlier in September.  




This card was for my mother's birthday.  I got the Concord & 9th Painted dots turnabout stamp earlier this summer and just got around to trying it out.  There are four different shades of blue in the circles and you need a MISTI for this which I'm lucky to have.  Each time you stamp a color you turn the paper a quarter turn and use the next color and turn, and so on and so forth.  The MISTI keeps the stamp in one place on the lid with the paper snug in the corner on the bottom so it's perfectly lined up each time.  I made several of those backgrounds so you may see some more of this in the future.


The next two are currently just card fronts - I have two people in mind for these which will be thank you notes and I'm finishing up something that I'll be sending along with them.  Those dotted backgrounds look kind of like my stamp from up above but they're not stamped.  They're recycled from a tissue box as are the pumpkins.   Sometimes the boxes are so pretty and they just scream to me to be repurposed.  I took out a Hero Arts kit from a few autumns back for the sunflower stamp and pumpkin dies.  I really love the way these came out.




I have some additional tissue boxes saved for some more cards - stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I absolutely love the wedding card! The colours are so soft and pretty, and that touch of gold gives it just enough bling without being too much! The seashell card is also very colourful and pretty! The cards made from the tissue boxes are cool! I must do something with the empty boxes I have saved! Some of the boxes are just too pretty to throw away!
    Stay well,
    Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The anniversary cards are my favourites, birth lovely. I'm glad you remembered the shell piece in time. The delicate butterfly for your mother is such a pretty die - it almost looks like string. I always reckon your tissue boxes must come in a far greater variety than ours, as I often see people using them. Or maybe it's simply that I gravitate toward the same brand all the time -but I think it's the former.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.