Monday, October 19, 2020

I'm Dreaming of a Pink Christmas - Jingle Belles

I haven't made a Christmas card in months and I'm sure that'll be my demise very soon, but I couldn't go any longer without taking part in the Jingle Belles Challenges, especially the one this month for Pink Christmas.  There are a few guidelines for this challenge including it must be a new design, it must have a winter theme, and the basic caveat is that it should be mostly PINK.  Why pink?  Well, we're in the midst of Pinktober - Breast Cancer Awareness month and our hostesses, Stephanie and Lauren each pledge $2 for every card that is made to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  A pretty good cause, don't you think!  So here's my first entry..........


I found that pink background paper in my stash and thought "pink snowballs" (my favorite snack cake by the way) and if you have snowballs, you most likely have snowmen ..... dressed in pink.  With a nice little lime green tree to celebrate.  And with all those snowmen, you might need to do a slimline card to fit them all in.


Those little snowmen were all fussy cut while I was catching up on some PBS shows.  (I highly recommend "Last Tango in Halifax" and "The Durrells of Corfu" if you like Britcoms.  Note:  I always thought it was pronounced COR fu but they, the Brits and the Greeks, pronounce it cor FU...... and that's my contribution for odd knowledge today.)

I have another card in the works which was my original thought and should be done with that later today.  In the meantime, should you want to check out all the pink loveliness please do click on this link to the Jingle Belles blog!

5 comments:

  1. What cute little snowmen, and the pink background does remind me of snowballs, or falling snow!
    I imagine you will making your own real snowmen soon, seeing as it is almost Winter for you. It is too warm for it to snow here, and it is almost Summer, but I would love to experience a real "white Christmas" just once!
    Stay well:-)
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! what a fabulous card it's hard to beat a whole clan of pink snowmen goin' slimline!!!!!! ;) thanks for helping us celebrate PINK CHRISTMAS at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink and lime green is a great combination. And the snowmen are adorable.
    I really enjoyed the Durrells series, although some of it was totally different to the books, which I grew up reading. Theo was spot on, and I especially loved the title graphics.
    One of the great things about Greek is that there is an accent which is placed before the syllable where the stress falls - and all the letters and diphthongs have fixed pronunciations so that it's very easy to know how to pronounce words and names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that vibrant pink background is awesome ... thanks so much for joining our ♥ Pink Christmas for the Cure! ♥ at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.