Tuesday, June 30, 2020

ICAD Week 4

The last full week of June is behind us and we're almost half-way done with this challenge.  It's gone so quickly.  It's been fun and truly challenging at times.  I'm sure there will be more challenging days ahead.  But let me get on with what I've accomplished so far.

Day 22/61 - Anchor - This started as just an anchor mandala and grew into a sea scene of sorts.

Micron, General's Watercolor Pencils, Derwent Inktense Pencils


Day 23/61 - Terrarium 
The framed part is actually a 3x5 index card that I did as a warm-up to the start of ICAD unknowing it would come up as a prompt.  I added the little story around it - It was Valentine's Day 2017 and instead of spending money on cut flowers that would only last a few days my husband took me to a garden center and we created our terrarium.   This terrarium went to school with me and sat on my counter until it came home during this quarantine where it will stay and hopefully be as happy.


Day 24/61 - Emerald
This started with the idea of drawing/painting an emerald green parrot.  While I was looking for pictures of green parrots, I was remembering some recent posts on FB about local people finding parakeets at their feeders.  Pet parakeets.  I was sad when I read that because I know that they will not survive our winter climate but I remembered that there was a colony of Monk Parakeets in Northern New Jersey that had adapted to the Jersey weather.  These are the Monk Parakeets that have that pretty green and grey coloration.

Micron, Derwent Inktense Pencils, General's Watercolor Pencils


Day 25/61 - Cappuccino
Who knew that there really are Cappuccino Roses.  Google them - they're beautiful beige and pink.

Prima Watercolors (Complexion), White Gelly Roll, Chalk Pencil


26/61 - Bougainvillea
There are two cards for this day because I wasn't too thrilled with the first one and had another idea for the second.  The first was the flowers added to an already prepared card that I had trying some crayon resist and watercolor on.  The flowers were done with oil pastels.

White Crayon, Watercolors, Gallery Oil Pastels, Graphite Pencil, White Out


This is a tangled version of Bougainvillea.

Micron Markers, Prismacolor Pencils


Day 27/61 - Souvenir
I had seen a picture on a friends timeline of rocks on the beach of the Amalfi Coast.  These are my kind of souvenirs - pebbles or shells.  Some people have rocks in their head, I have rocks in my pocket.  I've pocketed beach stones, landscape stones from the miniature golf course, walkways, etc.  Not many are as pretty as these though.

Derwent Inktense Pencils, General's Watercolor Pencils, Gallery Oil Pastel, White Gelly Roll, White Out, Graphite Pencil


Day 28/61 - Wind Chime

General's Watercolor Pencils, Micron Pens (I added some MicroGlaze to the center piece hoping it would give it more of a shine.  It does IRL but not so much in the picture.)


This will be a busy week ahead so I'm trying to work a little ahead of myself so I can enjoy the time with family coming up.  And I'm finally going to be able to get my hair cut this week!!!!  I have missed 4 haircuts during this pandemic and my hair grows fast.  I am not used to having this much hair.  Not only does it fall into my face, it's actually curling in the back and almost down to my collar - not what I'm used to.  I am so looking forward to this.

2 comments:

  1. Your pieces are all so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to pick a favourite. I'm torn between the sea one (of course, I loved the bird and the little crab) and the terrarium. I think there are several colonies of wild parakeets in the UK. I imagine they would be lovely to see!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.