Monday, June 15, 2020

ICAD Week 2

The second week of ICAD has flown by.  There are usually one or two prompts that I have to research such as the first one below.  

Day 8/61 - Suzani Pattern
 A type of embroidered and decorative textile from central Asian countries. Suzan is Persian for needle.

Micron Pen, Moonlight Gelly Roll, Marvy LePen, General's Watercolor Pencils


Day 9/61 - Bookshelf
Micron Pen
(enbiggan to see the quotes)


Day 10/61 - David Bowie
Some thought that David Bowie had two different colored eyes.  He did not.  He had a condition called aniscoria - the pupil in one eye was paralyzed open after an eye injury which made it appear to be black.

Micron Pen, Posca Paint Pen, Derwent Inketense Pencils, General's Watercolor Pencils, Graphite Pencil


Day 11/61 - Tiramisu 
A tangled cross-section slice.
Micron Pens, Graphite Pencil


Day 12/61 - Brocade
My grandmother made all her special occasion dresses and almost always there was some brocade material involved.
Prima Metallic Watercolor Accets, Gelly Roll Pen


So you can see the sheen............


Day 13/61 - Kite
Based off of a photo that I took at one of the Kite Festivals on LBI.

Prima Watercolors, Arteza Acrylic Gouache, Micron Pen


Day 14/61 - Chamomile
My twist - Camomille Butterfly (totally made up)
(enbiggan to see all the cells)


I try to work a day ahead so I have some wiggle room to get these done.  Of course, if I don't get the card of the day done on the day of the prompt it's no big deal.  We do see the prompts a week ahead so I try to plan around them.  This will come in handy next month when I have to go back into the office until my last day.  We're going back to the 4-day week with the long hours so I know that it will be a challenge indeed especially with some events we've got planned for July.  Keeping my fingers crossed I don't get too far behind.


2 comments:

  1. I like the spiral bookshelf tying in with the quotes. Love the brocade, I think it's such a beautiful fabric and you really captured the essence of it. I made DH a waistcoat (vest) of a dragon-patterned gold brocade. The eye one was fascinating, I didn't know that. The colours in it are wonderful. I especially like the kite one - I thought I recognised it as being from one of the festivals.
    I hope the last month at work goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.