Friday, September 6, 2019

Moths

Found on the mat at the front entrance to the school.  Was it stepped on?  We don't know, but to keep it from being stepped on we decided to move it.


Ready for it's close-up.  Check out those cool antennae.


I needed my ID back so I gently placed him on the side door panel.  It was more than 6" across.  And those spots contain iridescent rings of gold.  


The one below was found a couple of years ago outside our library.  I originally thought it was a leaf that was stuck on the light - the colors looked like an autumn leaf to me until I realized what the shape was.  This one was about 4" across.



3 comments:

  1. Six inches across! That's enormous, I've never even seen a butterfly that large. I think moths are very beautiful in their own understated way. I can imagine the shimmer the gold must have in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, happy he was saved. I felt guilty killing a spider on my curtain the other day, would've been tough to catch him and toss him outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, isn't he/she gorjus! Although the lose up one had me convinced it was something more scary! Isn't Nature amazing with all the shapes and colours of various creatures!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Sunshine
    ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.