Sunday, September 8, 2019

Color

I actually do have several posts queued up from August, I've just been trying to fit so much into the last of the summer that things are falling by the wayside.  These are some late night watercolor gouache and gel pen additions to one of my sketchbooks.  Trying to use up paint in my ceramic rose palette.  





After putting all those outward marks on the spiral, I decided to outline them with a white gel pen.




After adding some doodles.




My ceramic rose palette.  The watercolor gouache dries quickly in the dish and I rejuvenate the colors that I want to use with an eye dropper.  Completely dry I can take this with me when I travel and do the same with the eye dropper.


We had some sidewalk chalk for the little guy to use on the driveway and/or the little slate.  He was very much into it.


After he drew on the driveway I heard him tell Papa that he was drawing a rainbow on the slate.  Not bad for a 3-year-old.


2 comments:

  1. lovely colourful art, cute grandson growing so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outdoor chalks are such fun :D.
    I just love the top coloured panel - with the indented effect at the top of each stroke, what it made me think of was as if you had taken one long pencil paring of a rainbow pencil. The white outlining really makes the spiral one pop, took me a minute to realise that they were actually the same.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.