Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Sunshine Comes From New Zealand

Going through some photos I realized that there are quite a few that I hadn't posted including these.  This card came from my blogging friend Sunshine in New Zealand as a note of thanks for thinking of here in a special way after an accident she had.  I organized a card party of sorts for her in March with my Pig Ladies, hoping to lift her spirits and it seemed to have done the trick.  She got cards from as close as California and as far away as Ireland, with the majority of them coming from right here in New Jersey which isn't just down the block either.  


Isn't this so true.  My "Pig Ladies" embraced her with thoughts of a speedy recovery and concern for her well-being.  They worked a little flying pig magic you might say.


Even the outside of the envelope was decorated.  


I am blessed with such wonderful and caring friends.  I know Sunshine said she was going to thank everyone individually when she was feeling better but I wanted to say thanks also.  You made my heart proud!

2 comments:

  1. your cards are perfect and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a nice surprise to see my card on your blog! You and your wonderful "Pig Ladies" sure did help lift my spirits after the accident I was in:-) It was just amazing to get cards and letters etc from people I didn't know, and from so far away! Although the accident was now almost 6 months ago, I still have ongoing issues with both hips and my left knee. I am waiting to have my hips x-rayed as I have pain in both hips:-( My knee is also painful and there are occasions when I have to use a walking stick to get round.
    On the days when I might be feeling a little 'down'. all I have to do is read some of the cards/letters everyone sent me, and it instantly lifts my spirits:-)
    It makes my heart smile to have connected with such wonderful people:-)
    Thank you again, Lorraine!!
    Sunshine
    ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.