Sunday, June 23, 2019

ICAD 2019 - Week 3

Some of these prompts from this week, and next week from what I have seen, are getting harder to fit into the space that I left myself around the ribbon.  But I will persevere.

Day 15 - Storm 
It was quite windy the day I was doing this and the clouds were scooting across the sky.  I hope I captured that feeling a little.


Day 16 - Chandelier
Not exactly like the crystal chandelier that my grandparents had in their dining room.  A little more modern..... and colorful.


Day 17 - Wood
Cross sliced sections of logs and twigs.


Day 18 - Yearbook
I wanted to incorporate the name of my high school yearbook "Valorem" into my card for this.  But I didn't know, nor could I find out what the word meant.  There is a definition that I found, but I couldn't connect it to yearbook.  So I went in another direction with a superlative.


Day 19 - Yellow
Some highlighted yellow flowers amongst others.


Day 20 - Vitrina (Display Case)
I had never heard this word before.  Nor had many of the ICADians.  I now know that it refers to a display case of some kind, probably similar to the china cabinet that my grandparents had.  I chose to go another route with the word DISPLAY - such as that of a peacock.


Day 21 - Guitar

It was my intention to try a tessellation of guitars and this is somewhat getting there but not quite I fear.  I really did myself in by making them so small.  It had me cross-eyed by the time I was done.


As much as I am enjoying this challenge, I am looking forward to finishing up with my rainbow ribbon.  Like I said in the preface, it leaves little room for working with the prompt.  July should be much more about the freedom of creating.  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! My favourite is the peacock. They sure do display. I like the chandelier one a lot, too.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.