Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Jingle Belles - O Hole-y Night

If you can't tell by the title, our cards need to have an opening/window/aperture of some kind.  I had the perfect stamp set featuring an opening........ but it's for the spring and wouldn't make a good holiday card.  So, after mulling it around for a while, this is what I came up with.  


A wreath has a hole in it right?  But then I thought there should be something in that hole and I remembered this card that I had pinned and how I loved that deer.  I searched and found my deer die cut and then found a scrap of some woodgrain paper that vaguely mimicked the deer on the pinned card (well not really, but it's interesting in itself).  

I had embossed the berries on the wreath with gold EP so I added a bow in gold too to complement it. The birch paper looks kind of plain so I may add a "Merry Christmas" die cut to the front, but for now this is another card for the Christmas card stash.

Won't you join me to take a look at all the entries for the Jingle Bell challenge this week?  You can by clicking here.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work for the challenge, a jingle bell theme in june!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh!
    my!
    gosh!
    i love every single thing about this: the wreath, the deer (he's sooooooo adorable!), and that WOOD GRAIN is amazingly cool! thanks for hanging out with us at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.