Thursday, October 6, 2016

What Day is it?

I know today is almost over but somehow I lost track of my days this week.  I think it was because the staff and students had Monday off for one of the Jewish holidays and although I (and the rest of the 12 month employees) had to work that day, when they came back on Tuesday it felt like a Monday.  

I knew that my son and daughter-in-law's anniversary was Friday so I prioritized their card knowing that it would have to be mailed by Wednesday to get to them in time.  


And I had my Jingle Belles card all planned out and started even, thinking when I came home from work on Tuesday that it was Monday, so I had 2 more days to finish it and get it posted before the deadline.  Only this morning, the two days later, when I woke up and realized that today was actually Thursday and not Wednesday I was pretty annoyed at myself for not posting this by 6 last night because it was done.  

The theme was "bells" and that is a bell sewn onto the makeshift ribbon hat that I created for this die cut snowman.  I used an embossing folder that looks like falling snow and highlighted those raised dots with a glitter gel pen.  The snowman is created from 3 of those swirly dies.  The buttons are actually button brads.  


Gathering some ribbons with some quick stitches I was able to create a hat and scarf.  Oh Jingle Belles, I'm so sorry that I missed posting this.  But I am glad that I got another Christmas card done.


Monday afternoon I also worked on a couple other quick cards.  Here is one of them using a Unity Stamp on a 4x4 card.  I added the orange glitter ribbon with the brown glitter ribbon bow.  


I like that 4x4 size and I think I might concentrate on creating some more of these.  

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous set of cards Lorraine, very clever designs in all of them.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I am SO glad I am not the only one who has those "What Day Is It?!" days!! Glad you got it sorted out!
    Love the snowman card, so cute and fun!
    Sunshine, New Zealand
    www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely sea-themed card for your son and daughter-in-law. That wavy background is beautiful, and I'm still looking at the shells thinking they look almost real.
    The snowman hat is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.