Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cards and Tags

 I haven't quite yet been able to get my daughter to join me in my stamping hobby.  Ahhhh, one day maybe.  But until then it is encouraging to know that she appreciates what I do (and also knows a good deal when she see's it, ha!).  Who needs to buy Christmas cards when you have a good source in the family!  She gives me her suggestions, her count (25 this year), and let's me get to work.  

We like the blues and cards that do not say only Merry Christmas because they are going to friends of other faiths.  Here are this year's creations.  The first one is based on one of the cards I did for one of the Jingle Belles challenges - the one held during the time around Earth Day.  I changed the position of the trees, used some clear EP on the bottom to better represent water, and used white torn paper for the snow as opposed to the foamy stuff.  The sentiment says "Merry Winter!"



This Peace on Earth card is more striking IRL.  The snowflakes are embossed on White CS and then I added one in Navy over the largest embossed flake.


In the center of that blue flake is a stamped and embossed representation of the Earth.  


I also had a stamping event last week.  Here's a sneak peak at my tag for the tag swap.



I'm frantically putting together some handmades for the ladies at work and the house is a messier mess than usual.  Why do I always get these bright ideas so late?????


3 comments:

  1. lol - I am doing the same thing . . . last minute ideas for people at work. Every year - I think I will get my brilliant ideas earlier - but it never seems to work out that way. Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all of your holiday wonderfulness Lorraine!!!! That Earth is simply adorable and so clever to make it a focal point! Love it!!!!! Your daughter definitely has the perfect source for the most special cards around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fleeting visit as I'm trying to leave the house (and my desk!) tidy before we leave for an overnight visit to my dad. I love those blues and greens - especially that little embossed earth!
    I still have tags to do for my pear and ginger preserves, and a card for C, but aside from that I am on top of things!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.