Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Teapot Tuesday 128

This is a very cute teapot.  I love the gold and the flowers and, well, that's what we're supposed to bring this week - gold and flowers.  Our destination is another stamper who unfortunately has Stage VI terminal stomach cancer.  Her name is Katie and right now there is a fundraiser going on here at Jak's blog.  This is a great cause and an opportunity to snag some digital images and possibly win a prize. 
Let's see, I've got the flowers and I've got the gold so I think this will do nicely.   I used some gold braid and gold ribbon, and even used some Brushed Gold cs as my card base.  The flowers came from two different stamp sets - the large one from Bella Blossoms an the smaller ones from Itty Bitty Buds.  The leaves are the same, the larger one from Bella Blossoms and the smaller from Itty Bitty Buds.  I got a piece of gold foil paper from our art teacher at school (Thank you Rocky!) for the gold leaf below the rose.
 

The little bows were sewn with a stitch and a gold seed bead instead of tying them.  I added pearls to the center of the blue flowers.  The leaves are flat against the Glossy White background (yes, it really is white - had a hard time photographing this one) and the flowers are popped up on dimensionals, the center one tilted forward.


I hope Katie will like this card.  Now, let's go see what everyone else has been up to.......

4 comments:

  1. I've always loved that Bella Blossoms set - that little one makes me think of a peony sometimes, but I see a rose too. Well done on fitting on the blue flowers too - not many people carried that off. I flunked it, for one. All that gold is so pretty - it must be even lovelier in real life, because I know it's one of those things that it's not easy to take a good photo of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I really like the gold you used. I could not find anything in my stash that was gold.. Great card...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interpretation, every detail! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card! I am always amazed at where inspiratin can be found!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.