Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sketch Challenge Thank You

Last Wednesday was Administrative Professional's Day and the staff in my school gave my co-worker and I a beautiful hydrangea plant.  I had been mulling over an idea for my thank you card but had not been able to put it to paper yet as I was lacking inspiration for a layout.  Well, thank goodness for the Sketch Challenge today...........

I created my own little hydrangea plant with one of the new mini punches from SU available May 1.  I punched a bunch of the four petal flowers out of Pink Pirouette and then laid them down on my matt pack and pressed my embossing stylus into the center of them to give them some dimension.  I added the dots in the center with a Pretty in Pink marker and then glued them to a small oval and a 3/4" circle of Pink Pirouette.  The leaves come from the Little Leaves Sizzlit. 

The card base is Pink Pirouette stamped on the edges with Vintage Vogue and the 4 squares are some dsp layered with Pretty in Pink.  The center square is Certainly Celery and I stamped the sentiment from Tiny Tags in Garden Green.  That panel is popped up with dimensionals.   Lastly I added the pink taffeta ribbon.

I know, I should have a picture of the real plant.  Trust me, it's beautiful.  I intend to put it in the yard but we've got a frost warning for tonight so it's inside for the evening. 

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! And the perfect thank you for the plant. We too have freeze warnings out...I am glad we held our planting off for a bit. Can`t wait for May to order from the mini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have mild nights at last - just as well, as I keep forgetting to bring in the seedlings that I am trying to harden off.
    In real life hydrangeas are not my favourite - I think because so many people here like the deep pink and blues; I prefer the paler ones. And your paper one is certainly pretty - looks like the perfect punch :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Lorraine - oh man, did you just enable me to get yet another punch!!!???

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.