Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Simple Birthday


This simple birthday card is for someone, well, not so simple - I hope she appreciates it. I wish you could feel the texture of it. I ran the front panel through my paper crimper both ways and the paper feels almost like fabric and kind of looks like seersucker. I had colored the Pretty Petals background stamp with SU markers - Old Olive, Regal Rose, Real Read, Lovely Lilac, with Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip for the butterflies. I did not ink up the butterflies for the background. I did them separately. On the stamp you only see half of a butterfly, but if you cut the halves out leaving the body intact, you can glue the bodies together to make a complete butterfly. The front panel is mounted first on Old Olive CS and then the card base of Regal Rose. It simply says "Happy Birthday" inside.

This project below is for tomorrow's Administrative Assistants Day. I have to finish them tonight. They're going to be packaged with some strawberry gum and candy kisses. I'll explain more about it when I get them all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.