Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hot Tamales

Years ago I had a boss who took a trip to Mexico and brought all the office staff back these very colorful paintings that were done on rolled up paper that looked like tree bark. There were flowers and birds painted in all of these very bright colors. I don't know whatever happened to that painting, but the flowers that I got from my current boss last week reminded me so much of that Mexican painting that I thought I would pull something together for Cinco de Mayo. I got some Hot Tamales candies and repackaged them in small cellophane bags and made a holder for them using the following ingredients:

Paper: Kraft, Black, Confetti White, Real Red, Whisper White
Stamps: Spring Solitude, Tart and Tangy, Lots of Thoughts
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pink Passion
Markers: Real Red, Only Orange, YoYo Yellow, Green Galore, Orchid Opulence, Tempting Turquoise, Garden Green
Accessories: Key Tag, Boho Blossoms, and Large Oval Punches, Gelly Roll Glitter Pen, White Label, dimensionals

I made 10 of these and of course, I would take a picture of the only one where tamales is spelled wrong!!!! Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.