Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day Commemoration

Each year on the last day of school before the Memorial Day weekend our school has a special event which we refer to as our Memorial Day Commemoration.  During the week leading up to this day our students and staff fill out these die cut flags with the names of the members of their families that have served and are serving in our armed forces.  They line the hallways outside their rooms.  I put my flags on the front of my counter.  My white flags are for the veterans in my family, my father, uncle, and brother-in-law.  The red and blue flags are part of our extended family, my daughter-in-law's sister and brother-in-law who are currently serving.  I am grateful to all of them for their service to our country and the freedom that they stand for.


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great way to remember and honour those who have served or are serving. In a lot of the C of I (Anglican) churches here, there are memorial plaques to those who served with the British army, before we were independent. always so interesting to look at. As we are a neutral country, most overseas service in the army here is on humanitarian and peace-keeping duties.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.