Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 90 and Thursday's Throw Away (Early)

And they're off! No I'm not talking about the teapotters being off, although you might take it that way sometimes!   This week we're off to the races.  The big one.  The Kentucky Derby, and yes, we are a week or so early, but Cindy says we need to practice and to shop, and to.....well, stay out of trouble too!  Here's our teapot for this week...........

Well, not having a horse stamp, it was a stroke of luck that my son got a letter delivered to our house this week with a stamp that had a horse on it.  Not just any horse but Seabiscuit.   Now Seabiscuit may not have won the Kentucky Derby, but I'm sure if given the chance, he would have liked to try again. 


I carefully cut the stamp off the envelope and mounted it on Real Red cs.  Then I ran a piece of Creamy Caramel through my Big Shot with the new embossing folder and highlighted that with my Creamy Caramel ink pad, direct to paper.  That piece was also backed with Real Red.  The Vanilla panel was stamped with some Kentucky blue grass - the grass stamp from Inspired by Nature stamped with Handsome Hunter ink.  Again, mounted that on Real Red and used a Barely Banana cs base.  I had this little horse charm that I attached to a piece of grosgrain and just tied a piece of hemp onto the ring.  The sentiment comes from Inspired by Nature and was stamped in Creamy Caramel. 


I was actually excited about how this card came out and how I was able to combine a "postage" stamp with a "rubber" stamp and come up with something like this.

So head on over to the Teapot Gallery to check things out for this week.  I just know there will be a lot of interesting stories as well as cards this week!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh how perfect is this.. I love that you recycled.. Great job. I will have to really think about this one. Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely serendipity that Seabiscuit arrived in the post so opportunely. He looks great in his Kentucky Blue Grass setting. That's not a sentiment I would find easy to use, but it's perfect for this card.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.