Monday, April 12, 2010

It's a Technique - It's a Card - It's a Bookmark

The Technique Lovers Challenge today is called Save the Page.  We were asked to make a card that contained a bookmark. 

I used my perforating tool to create this bookmark card.  (And the ribbon really isn't that shiny!)


I used Herb Expressions for my image and sentiment.  I first stamped the image in Basic Gray on Confetti White.  Then I used my SU markers to color the image.  The card base was stamped on the left with Sahara Sand Ink.  I added some torn edge layers, repeating the color combo and this is what I came up with.  The bookmark on the right can be snapped or gently pulled off because I perforated the edge. 

If you haven't heard the announcement, Stampin' Up is going to go through a Color Renovation and these colors are among those that will be discontinued.  They are Sahara Sand, Mellow Moss, Perfect Plum, and Pale Plum.   The image was colored directly with SU Stampin' Markers.  The ribbon (Mellow Moss Tafetta) is not as shiny as it appears in the photo. 

Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

  1. :D Rosemary for Remembrance seems like the perfect choice for remembering your page. I like the leafy sprigs on the base card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the torn edges. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. I love these colors together. They are soft and perfect for your stamp set.. Great job..

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, not over the top. It is gorgeous. Love the dancing cats and their audience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Lorraine!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I have always felt that mossy greens and purples are one of the most perfect color combinations. Your layout is beautiful. Too bad about them discontinuing those papers!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.