Monday, August 11, 2008

INKredible Color Challenge 8-11


This week's colors are Brocade Blue, Ruby Red, and Summer Sun. I don't know why, but those colors say back to school to me. I was picturing yellow pencils with red erasers and blue jeans. Of course, those things have nothing to do with card that I made.

I decided to use Boho Backgrounds for this card. I started with a 5" x 5" card base and after I stamped the design on it with Brocade Blue I cut an X in the center of it. I then cut a Ruby Red and Summer Sun square a little larger than the area of the X and did the same. I rolled up the cardstock from the inside points created by the X's with the smooth end of a crochet hook (I don't have any knitting needles or I would have used one of those). Then I layered them. The center image is different punches or cuts from the same stamped image in different colors. I popped up the layers of that as you can see in the second photo. I added the white dots to the centers of the flowers with gel pen. The grosgrain ribbon was attached with sticky tape and the faux brads were again punched from the medallion stamp. I think I would definitely have to add some bubble wrap on the inside of the envelope to mail this one.

Here's the recipe:

Stamps: Boho Backgrounds
Paper: Brocade Blue, Ruby Red, Summer Sun, Whisper White
Ink: Brocade Blue, Ruby Red, Summer Sun
Accessories: 1/4" white grosgrain, dimensionals, sticky tape, 1/4", 1/2", 1 1/4" circle, and scallop punches.
Please take a look at the beautiful challenge creations of Debbie, Stasia, and Colleen. Sorry if I've missed anyone.

3 comments:

  1. Lorraine, I love this card!! I agree that it has a feeling of "back to school" because of the primary colors, although the rolled edges take it in a more sophisticated direction at the same time. As usual, beautiful work!
    Take care.
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative design!! Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous. Love all the layers and rolled edges.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.