Saturday, August 2, 2008

Balloon Inspiration



The stages of a balloon flower opening.

Did you ever see a floating strawberry? I did. Last week we did some balloon chasing on the Saturday morning of the local balloon fest. You can see more pictures of the balloons in the post below - there's a slide show for ya!

Anyway, I was inspired to make the card below by the floating strawberry. I used my Tart & Tangy strawberry, masked it to then add the clouds and sky with a sponge and a scallop punch using Soft Sky and Baja Breeze. I drew in the basket in Creamy Caramel and added the ropes and lines (and the heads of the people). Then I used the fern from the Touch of Nature set to add trees in Old Olive and Always Artichoke.

6 comments:

  1. Nice balloon photos! There's something about hot air balloons that always make me smile.

    Your cards are adorable. I used to do some stamping, but my heart is more into sewing, quilting etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorraine, I hope you are feeling better after your surgery. I had to chuckle about the "crucifix" table because I have also been on one of those. I wish you a speedy recovery.
    I love your paper rendition of the strawberry hot air balloon. It turned out really whimsical and cute.
    Take care.
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a picturesque card!!!! Makes me want to take a ride in a hot air balloon. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! How cool is this! Do you know how awesome your little strawberry balloon is! How fun! My sister in law and brother in law went to the balloon thingy in Albuquerque one year and came home with the most incredible pictures. I can see why you were so inspired! Its an awesome, awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! I used to live in Flemington. Miss the Balloon Festival. Love your Teapot Challenge too. I have a few myself!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.