Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Jingle Belles - Wrap It Up!

Well, I haven't wrapped up my posts about December yet but our Jingle Belles hostesses are looking for a different kind of Wrap Up for this first Jingle Belle Challenge of 2024.   We're to use wrapping paper in our creations.  It can be fresh or repurposed and I went for the latter having rescued some favorite paper from being recycled or tossed.  I paired both of these cards with this new dala horse die that I found in my stash.  The first uses the geometric version and the second uses the traditional "kurbits" style and floral elements (yes, I admit I had to look that up).  Mostly you'll see dala horses in red, but they can be of other colors.  Green dala horses were carried by Norsemen to ward off evil according to legend.




Our hostess Lauren had a great hint about using wrapping paper.  She suggests first backing it with plain cardstock that you run through the Xyron before you fussy cut around it.  I wasn't fussy cutting the paper, but I thought this would also help when using the thinner wrapping paper as a background.  I cut a piece of cardstock to the size I needed for the snowflake background panel and used my roll of extra-wide double sided tape to make it stickable.  After I stuck it to the wrapping paper, I trimmed around the edge and it worked so well, much better than trying to add that tape to the back of the wrapping paper by itself (which I did with the floral paper and almost lost it).  Next time I will try to remember to use my Xyron instead of the tape.   

I have some other papers saved but I won't be getting to it before the cut-off for this challenge so I'll hope that they will fit in somewhere down the road in 2024.  This is a good start though.  Now I'm off to check out the other wrapping paper wonders on the Jingle Belles blog.  You can too by clicking here.




8 comments:

  1. I love your cards! I've never heard of the green dala horses story - how interesting! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those horses - either kind- soooo adorable! And so nicely paired with the papers. And both the sentiments - love those as well (whose are those?)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy - they were gifted to me, but I think they came from Temu.

      Delete
  3. OOOOOOH Such fabulous cards, and that Dala horse (I was familiar with them to look at but didn't know they were called that; blogs are such a wonderful source of knowledge!!!) is a beauty. Super honored that my giftwrap tip was helpful and YES, as you've discovered it helps to bring the fragile paper to the sturdy adhesive-d cardstock rather than vice versa but now ALL PAPER (including really flimsy tissue) is fair game! As always, I'm so pleased you could join our Jingle Belles fun in 2024, it wouldn't be the same without you! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad Lauren's tip improved your creative process ... love both of your holiday cards ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles for our first prompt of 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're getting a good head start on cards for next Christmas. I was quite proud of myself today because I've pretty much decided on what I'm doing for our littlest grandie. I think I'll make her a life-sized doll using a pattern that my mother used to make one for me when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a great feeling to reuse some wrapping paper. The geometric horses are a bit different and really cool.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.