Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Jingle Belles - Something Old.....Something New and a PSA

This fortnight the Jingle Belles have challenged us to use something old and something new.  I procrastinated going into the stamp cave because it's been such a mess even more lately as HWNSNBP has been trying to help with the purging of lots of accumulated stuff on the shelves we have in the hallway up there to make room for me moving unused stamps out there freeing up some space next to my craft table.  We have a significant amount of books that we no longer feel the need to have around and have donated them, but I drew the line at my collection of Christmas craft books that I have a series of and anything else art related that has actual patterns in them because the internet is good for searching but you don't always find patterns for what you see.  Anyway..... let me get to what I actually did for this challenge.  

I was lucky to have been gifted the Unity Advent Stamps both last year and this year and thought that I could pull something together with those and also used a new-to-me die and some old paper.  I stamped the images that I chose from each set, colored them with alcohol markers and fussy cut them to pop up in the openings on the stamp frame die.  The cancellation stamp was also from one of the Advent sets.



I've got to make more time to get up there to reorganize things before my surgery next month, so I can get to things more easily once I'm able to get back to working up there.  Looks like there'll be a lot of boxes for donations in the next few weeks.  It's a good thing.

Oh, and my title for this post did include a PSA.  While putting our Christmas decorations away we usually take the batteries out of things that have batteries in them and there was a set of lights on one of the little trees that I had that we emptied.  It was a lucky thing that when I took them out of the device I put them on the rubber cutting matt I have on the dining room table and not directly on the wooden tabletop.  It was later that evening, when I was working on my laptop and HWNSNBP was already upstairs when I heard this loud pop and hiss.  It was loud enough to make me jump and for a minute I couldn't figure out what it was until I looked a little past my laptop and saw this.......


One of the batteries had had a little explosion and was leaking onto the matt.  So I was luck in that it was on the matt and lucky that it happened when I was awake.  If we had left it in the light set it would have been even more of a mess.  

Now I'm off to see what else is old and new with the Jingle Belles.  You can too by clicking here.

**Edited - don't know why the link at JB only allowed a partial view of my card this time, but the whole thing is visible here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I knew batteries corroded but not that they would pop. Scary! I went to the drawer to get some triple A's the other day and realized what was left of our supply had corroded so they were put with the recycling. Lesson learned - don't think you're saving money by buying in bulk if there's no chance of using them in a timely manner.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.