Tuesday, August 2, 2022

ICAD 2022 - Weeks 8 & 9

I had to play a little catch up for the last week.  Trying to fit time in this last week while we were getting ready for the kids to come for the weekend was a bit fruitless.  I haven't taken the group picture yet either, but thought I should get this post in the books.

50/61 - Detour
I used a tangle called Tootles by Jennifer Hohensteiner as this tangle is detouring off the page and saying "tootles".


51/61 - Space
Another tangled card with the tangle names Starawn by Judy Murphy.  Microns and watercolor pencils.


52/61 - Together
Yes, these two weeks are tangle-heavy.  This card uses Hart-Ellie, Huggins, and 'Nzeppel.  Done with Microns and watercolor pencils again.


53/61 - Dusk or Dawn
This is a mixture of actual watercolors and watercolor pencils.  Based on a photo from the internet.


54/61 - Wander
Another tangle yet again.  Wanderline by Tomas Padros.  In this case drawn as one continuous line with the rectangles only colored in with paint pens.


55/61 - Snowflake - kind of a cheat card as this was a doodled smaller index card from my stash that I thought could pass for a summer snowflake so I just glued it to the 4 x 6.


56/61 - Forest
Not a true tangle - just a bunch of triangular trees drawn with a Micron and colored with colored pencil and Stabilo markers.


57/61 - Luminous
I used silver and gold gel pens on this mandala hoping it would look luminous.


58/61 - Ultramarine
I had a picture in my head that I was going for and this is almost there, but not quite right.  Still, I kind of like the way it came out.  I used Shuttle Art gel crayons on this activated with a waterbrush.


59/61 - Briolette
This is one of those prompts that needed a little investigating as I wasn't quite sure what "briolette" was.  It is a triangular faceted cut of a jewel.  You can barely see that by keeping the base of the triangles the same size and varying their height gives a slightly curved diagonal line which would show up more clearly on a three-dimensional stone rather than on paper. Done in metallic marker and gel pen.


60/61 - Happiness
Happiness is watching the butterflies visit the zinnias in the yard at this time of year.  Done in watercolors and noting that watercolors do not perform as well on index card paper as they would on watercolor paper, thus the hatchy-patch butterfly which was supposed to be a swallowtail.  Still, I'm pleased with the leaves and flowers and the way they came out.


61/61 - Prism 
Off prompt unless you want to consider this a scattered butterfly rainbow caused by a prism.  Just drawn with a Micron and colored with watercolor pencils.


Now I have to catch up posting all of these cards on Instagram.  I'll be back with the collection pictures in a day or so.  

3 comments:

  1. I really like Dusk or Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an array of beautiful designs! I took a photo of a couple because they would make great stitching patterns. Thanks for the inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The butterfly is gorgeous, and the "luminous" looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.