Tuesday, June 21, 2022

ICAD 2022 - Week 3

 Day 15/61 - Mix & Match
Mixed Washi tape, matched - not so much


16/61 - Jukebox
This is screaming for color but it took so long to draw it I stopped listening


17/61 - Mango
Micron Pen and Watercolor Markers


18/61 - Bitmap or Halftone (or something somewhat)
Zig dot markers, Cuttlelola electric pen


19/61 - Selvedge
Selvedge is the the finished edge of fabric that keeps it from fraying and this is what I used to make those three white puffed rolls. All of this on the card comes from the waste that was created when I was making masks at the beginning of the pandemic. I took the cut threads that were trimmed off and since I didn't have the correct product, I sandwiched the threads between two sheets of wax paper and sewed through it to hold the thread together. Then I peeled off the wax paper - not easy, but a tweezer helped. I took the selvedge pieces from the fabric and rolled it up, taking hand stitches along the bottom as I did to keep it together. I had planned on taking some of these and making a shadowbox but never got around to it so they came in handy today.


20/61 - Ouija Board
I used a tangle called Contacted.  Colored with paint pens and watercolor pencils.


21/61 - Solstice
I used a tangle on this one called Soluna.  It's a combination of the sun and a sliver of moon on the left side.  Paint pens and Stabilo markers.

3 comments:

  1. Mango is my favourite, so fresh looking. But I'm very impressed with the selvedge one, and the stitched off-cut threads. That's cool looking. Wondering what the product you didn't have was!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.