Tuesday, June 7, 2022

ICAD 2022 - Week 1

June 1st means 61 days of Index Card art ahead.  I'm jumping in again for the 9th time.  Here's my cover card (which I think I gave a preview of already).


Day 1/61 - Asterisk
Sarasa Vintage Color Zebra Pens, Papermate Ink Joy, Watercolor pencils
The new Sarasa pen that I started with decided to crap out on me - plenty of ink in the barrel, but the roller ball seems to get stuck and stop working.  So I had to go with a second color.  


2/61 - Peony
Watercolor Pencils


3/61 - Maze or Labyrinth
I drew the labyrinth (could have gone with a simpler one, but I thought this would be a challenge and I was right).  Then, because the circular lines were a little shaky I thought adding the rainbow thread in the pathway would be a good idea.  Problem is that these ideas usually hit me after 10 pm.  Don't ask how long this took exactly.  Just know that the calendar page turned.  


I've been using my little portable light box and thought this resembled an eye through the top aperture.


A close up of the glued thread.  Tweezers and fast acting glue helped.


4/61 - Key
This is my key and keychain for most of our weekends in the summer.


5/61 - Pink
We planted pink and blue forget me nots on my father's grave when he died and the next year they appeared in our garden.  We did not plant them there.  They're mostly, if not all blue ones now.


6/61 - Daydream
"I could hide neath the wings of the bluebird as she sings, the 6 o'clock alarm would never ring......"


7/61 - Root
Do you like my clever carrot?
Bonus points if you know the 5 digit answer from the top down.


I've seen the prompts for next week and I'm not getting any good ideas right off the bat so I may be going off prompt for most of the week.  As you can see, I'm not spending a lot of time on backgrounds, at least now on this set of cards.  The important part for me is just getting something on the card on a daily basis.  That's the goal - to reinforce the habit of creating something every day.  No one said it had to be a finished product...... and who decides if it's finished or not?  Only me.

3 comments:

  1. What fun! The prompts are interesting - very clever, as are your interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peony is my favourite, beautiful. The labyrinth does look a lot of work, especially adding the threads, but they really make it. The asterisks made me think of those millefiori paperweights!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.