Friday, July 2, 2021

ICAD - Weeks Three and Four

We had been very busy for the last week and a half getting ready for the kids to come with the littles.  I managed to keep up with my daily index cards right up to last Friday and the last two days I've been playing a game of catch up.  I try to work at least a day in advance with the prompts but never got to plan ahead for the family weekend.  I also neglected to post the cards from the previous week so this post is a little lengthy.  Sorry.

Day 15 - Chartreuse
The apple has shades of chartreuse in it.  It was one of the background cards I had done in advance with acrylics.  I just added it to another prepared card and added the wording.


Day 16 - Trinket
I was looking for the definition of TRINKET to see what it encompassed and was amazed to find so many synonyms for it.  This is a partial list.  Those chevron shapes are filled in with the $Tree potted paint and the words are added with a Micron.


Day 17 - Color Wheel
Sometimes it helps to not clean up.  As I was thinking of what to do for this prompt my eye caught the bag of felt that I had from the fairy project in a box of things that were going back up to the craft room.  I decided to cut a piece from each color and then, since I did not have black, I had the brainstorm to use the dark blue and cover it in French knots with embroidery floss.  It worked fine, but I have to remember not to have these brainstorms at 11:30 at night.  It becomes like doing a jigsaw puzzle where I want to keep going until I'm finished.  An hour and a half later............


Day 18 - Parallel
This was inspired by a shirt that I have.  I used Kingart gel sticks and a Micron.


Day 19 - Sand or Sand Castle
I chose to use two tangles that had "Sand" in their name - SandS S+S/Damy and SAND/Adele Bruno
Done in Micron markers and shaded with watercolor pencil.  (Could also be a beach towel to lay on the sand.)


Day 20 - Bridge
Most people know that HWNSNBP is "bridge challenged" - the technical term being gephyrophobia.  I was looking for alternatives to road/rail bridges and was inspired to use a pool bridge as a base for some linear drawings of types of bridges.  Done in Micron, metallic marker, and watercolor pencil.


Day 21 - Inkwell
Again, having "stuff" on the table brought me to this idea.  The bottle is made from the window of a security envelope with felt squares in it.  The ink spilled out is made with Posca pain pens.  I changed that childhood rhyme to better fit the prompt.


Week 4

Day 22 - Meadow
This is a meadowlark.  I had actually done a meadowlark as a warm up before ICAD started but never posted it because it looked more like a yellow penguin to me so I was glad for the opportunity to give it another try.  Done in watercolor pencils.


Day 23 - Margarita
Did you know that the Spanish word for daisy is Margarita?
Watercolor pencils, Micron marker


Day 24 - Maroon
In Southeast Asia and on the Indian subcontinent you can find the Maroon Oriole with it's blue-tinted beak.  General's Watercolor pencils, Derwent Inktense pencils

 

Day 25 - Maple 
I have a tiny maple leaf punch that I used on some cardstock and glued them to the card.  Then I drew auras around them and filled in the extra space with black.


Day 26 - Matelasse - This is not that.
Done with Micron marker and graphite pencil.


Day 27 - Marble
Another acrylic background with some dot stickers that I turned into marbles with my Sharpies.


Day 28 - Magician
What do you see in that magical blue smoke?  It is called pareidolia - seeing faces/animals/objects in randomness - like when people see the Man in the Moon, or clouds that look like bunnies or other animals.  Not to be confused with apophenia which is seeing connections and patterns that aren't there (like conspiracy theories).  So I took this prepared acrylic background and looked for things in it and outlined them with a very fine Micron.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, enjoy the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite is the meadowlark. All those French knots, oh my. Such patience. The ink bottle with the rainbow is super. I guessed the bridge was inspired by HWNSNBP.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.