Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Every Seven Days Instagram Challenge

I came across what I think is a pretty cool and easy photo challenge on Instagram called "everysevendays".  The "rules" are really simple -  once a week (or more if you like) take a walk for about 30 minutes and gather natural materials to create your composition.   Your impermanent composition should be something you've created from those materials, not merely what you've see captured with your camera.  There are themes for the weeks posted on Sundays.  You post the picture(s) of your creations on Instagram with the hashtag #everysevendays2020.  

Being outdoors during the summer months this has been easy.  When the weather makes it impossible, you can use things from inside also, which I've seen posted from some.  But it has been fun to look at all the interpretations of the themes from all over the world.  Just seeing some of the materials being used is a wonderful look at natures beauty.

I missed the first week (circles), but here is what I've posted so far.

Week 2 - Lines


Week 3 - Curly


Week 4 - Water


Week 5 - Pattern


Week 6 - Five Things


If you have an Instagram account I encourage you to give this a try.   It's a very non-judgemental challenge and pretty simple to do. 

2 comments:

  1. These are fantastic so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to comment last week but time just send to zip by. It sounds like s great idea. I think water is my favourite. By I like the organic look in all of them.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.