Thursday, August 27, 2020

August Cards

I had a few sympathy cards to make this month that I was going to post and then I remembered that there was a new baby card that I hadn't finished.  I saw this sketch from The Paper Players and knew if I dug around in my stash I could find some patterned paper that would work with this cute Crafter's Companion Popcorn the Bear image I had been planning to color.  



Thanks to LeAnne for a great sketch this week.


I used my Derwent Inktense Pencils to color the image.  I stamped "little one"  from an SU set and used a circle die to cut it out.  Then I added some dimensionals to pop it up.  


The sympathy cards were very simple and I made a couple of this first one to have on hand.  Unfortunately, family friends lost two members of their family this month so I quickly put together another one below.  




Be sure to stop over at the Paper Players to see all the other PP505 Sketch Challenge entries.  

4 comments:

  1. Your little bear is just adorable...I don't think I've ever seen this one, but the image is sweet! I love how you colored him and your papers are soft and pretty! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week and playing with my sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just wonderful Lorraine! Your little bear is super cute and beautifully coloured, and your chosen papers compliment him perfectly! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby card is so sweet. I like the pieced background. I need to replenish my own sympathy supply :-(.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.