Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Jingle Belles - Mittens, Scarves, and Sweaters

Sometimes you just don't know where or when inspiration will pop up.  I knew that the theme for this fortnight's Jingle Belle challenge was "winter wear" and in getting ready to make a trip to IKEA this past weekend, when I saw the mitten gift tags and this beautiful blue plaid wrapping paper on the website the idea bloomed.  Sort of.  The tags were only $.99 for a pkg. of 12 and the paper was a couple of bucks and that paper can be used year-round and not just for the holidays.  

But what to do with the mittens and how to hide the holes? So I came up with a mitten snowflake with some pom-pom snowballs.  It did turn out to be an oversized card measuring 6"x6" so I used some bristol board as my card base, and it will need an oversized envelope to go with it, but I do like the way it came out especially when I found just the right sentiment to add. 


And since I had 12 tags and that whole roll of paper I decided to make 2! (Should have gotten more tags!)


I picked up some different tags at both the Dollar Tree and Target recently and have ideas for them that I hope to share in the near future.  In the meantime, let me jump over to the Jingle Belles and see what other cozy winter garb is being featured.  You can join me by clicking here

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is just so clever and CUTE! I predict a winner! I wish I had an IKEA closer to me...well, maybe I don't, LOL! Perfect card for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh how adorable is this? you are just WAYYYYY too clever and creative, i love it! (for that matter i love ikea full stop... you did eat in the caffeteria, right?!) such a fab addition to our JINGLE BELLES gallery! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. aren't you clever ... I love those mittens ... o very glad you got * bundled-up * with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love blue and white for winter. Very clever about the holes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fun. You need to get that envelope 3 in one punchboard ;-), great for outsize envelopes. I like that shade of blue, and even though it's a cold one, the mittens add an impression of warmth.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.