Monday, October 14, 2019

National Homemade Cookie Day - Cookie Fest II

We celebrated National Homemade Cookie Day at school again this year on October 1st.  I put out an "all call" to those that wanted to take part the week before and sent out reminders.  The teachers and students had Monday, Sept. 30th off so I had to remind them before their long weekend.  It was a busy morning because it was also our School Picture Day and the staff picture is taken before school starts.  I had taken that Monday off, but the building was open so I snuck in that afternoon to set the table/room up.  I had done something to my neck that weekend and was dealing with a muscle spasm so I opted for a simpler cookie - Brown Butter Brown Sugar cookies.

Believe it or not, these are both supposed to be dark brown sugar. They're from different packages.  I think the one on the right might have been mislabeled but it didn't affect the taste.







I pre-rolled all the balls and kept them on a sheet of parchment paper which helped things go a little faster.


As we did last year, I put out a collection jar for those that did not bake to make a donation.  All the money collected went into our Student Activity Fund to be used for those students who might have a need for assistance during the school year.  


I asked everyone to bring their recipe to share also.  It was a delicious assortment.  (There were a couple additional cookies not pictured.)



3 comments:

  1. Yummm, I could (almost!) taste your cookies! They look delicious! The table looks great too! I hope the event went off without a hitch!
    Sunshine
    ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, what a lovely looking collection of cookies. Funny about the two sugars being so different. I always think the darker ones have a more treacly taste, but I've never done a side-by-side taste test! You could make a great sandcastle with it.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.