Monday, May 6, 2019

April in Pictures

Some Forget-me-nots that came up in the pavement.  They self-sow everywhere and I don't mind a bit.


Front to back: Redbud, Dogwood, Red Maple and lower left corner some Forsythia.


Bluebells that have self-sown also with some Daffodils, Spring Beauty, and Marsh Marigolds.


First trip to The Great Swamp Nursery for our annuals.


I didn't know that gnomes had tusks!


Town-wide garage sales in Barnegat proved very fruitful.  Two mini muffin tins, two ceramic flower posts, two sets of clear salt & pepper shakers, a partial set of make-up brushes (which will not be used for make-up), a cool glass cone Christmas ornament, a trifle bowl, and a mechanical pencil I bought because I had never seen colored lead refills.  All this for $12.  And we got a toddler-sized table and two chairs for $5 which just needs a good sanding and a coat of paint.




Checked out a new consignment shop in Manahawkin and saw some carved flamingos.


An April sunset.


With a skein of egrets.


And the "Box of Sunshine" that I put together for our Education Foundation Fund raiser.  Our group (office staff and the teachers not part of a bigger group) went along with my suggestion for this. Some gave me cash, others gave me items to put in.  Everything had to be yellow (or mostly).  




3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the flowers today, and a great idea for the fundraiser, it is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please note: I will not publish random comments from anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those spring flowers are beautiful - I'm glad it's finally arrived for you. The gnome watering cans are cute! I had a suspicion that the makeup brushes were highly unlikely to be used for anything other than ink ;-). The little cone ornament with the robin is adorable - it sounds as if you did well that morning.
    Those flamingos are beautiful! More elegant than a lot of what I have seen. And the flight of egrets - I just love that photo, so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.