Saturday, November 3, 2018

Time to Fall Back

The fall colors have certainly taken over this week.  The trees here are in their full splendor.  HWNSNBP is gathering/blowing/tractoring the leaves on a daily basis. We have leaf pickup in our town but you have to get them to the curb and with a little over an acre and many trees it's almost a full-time job.  Thankfully they come by more than once to "suck them up" in one of those large vacuum machines.  They won't be sucking these up though.


I used most of them for a bunch of these little reminders to some of my best buds.


I had a minor set back getting these out because I was enclosing a little giftee with them and planned to use these padded envelopes but alas, they were not wide enough for the cards!


So I checked through my stash and found some of these 5 x 7 yellow envies which would fit the enclosure and the card but first I embossed some more leaves on the front side.


Before I go, let me share a birthday card that I made for a friend's November birthday.  You know I save my scraps and I was happy to find this scrap of white cardstock that I had used to cut out some of those large oak leaves oh, about a month ago.  There was a scrap of Bermuda Bay cardstock near it and I really liked the combo, so I used that color for my card base.  I die cut the skeletonized leaves in a burnt orange and also did the same with the sentiment.  I still had some of those smaller leaves left so I used a few.  The last addition was the strip of sunny yellow at the top.  


And I think I promised pictures of the little guy in his Halloween costume.  He wanted to be a firefighter with a fire engine.  He and his mom stopped by the local firehouse to take a picture and as luck would have it the truck was outside.


One of the "real" firefighters saw them and asked if he would like to see the truck up close.  Thank you Mr. Firefighter!


And those lights even lit up to do a little Trick or Treating!


Don't forget to turn your clock back!  Enjoy that extra hour of sleep.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work and what a cutie! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! He is our ray of sunshine for sure!

      Delete
  2. What special Halloween memories for him! He must have been so thrilled to be invited up into the truck. It's a wet grey morning here so your warm bright leaves are a visual treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy for him when I saw the pictures. Hope you get some sunshine soon.

      Delete
  3. That has to be one of the cutest costumes ever! I can just imagine the excitement when he got to see a real truck up close and personal (and I bet the firefighters had a grand time too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they were happy to actually find a fire truck costume when he chose that.

      Delete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.