Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Jingle Belles 46


This week's challenge is Sticky and Sweet.   We had to use a sticker on our card.  Last year before Christmas I picked up a few of these jeweled teapot stickers in the $ bin at Michael's and didn't use them.  That didn't stop me from grabbing a few more of them when they went into the clearance bin for 20 cents in January.  Thought this would be a good time to use at least one of them. 

I have to say that they are a little tricky to get off the clear plastic that they come on, but with a good pointy tweezer and a little perserverance I managed.  It was finding supplies that took the longest today.  (Yes, I know I shouldn't have waited until today.  Bad me!)  I have a bazillion of these paper doilies gifted to me by a retiring teacher a couple of years ago and I just could not seem to remember where the devil they were.  Luckily I had pulled a couple for another project that I came across. 

I really love this Cherry Cobbler cs and seam binding.  The color went well with the scrap of Basic Gray dsp that I had in the Christmas pile.  The champagne ribbon is from the Christmas selection at Michael's.  They were having a 60% off sale a couple of weeks ago, and who could resist ribbon at that price? 

I took some 1/8" red line tape and pieced it all around the center of the doily and then with the trusty tweezers I ruffled that ribbon.  A quick pass with the heat gun should help the ribbon stay adhered to the doily (I hope, I hope, I hope!). 


So I hope that this is still considered a sticker cause it is stuck on with no glue or adhesive added. 

Okay, it's raining and nasty tonight and perfect for going to visit the rest of the sticky and sweet concoctions.  You can check them out here.

5 comments:

  1. oh wow! apart from the fact i love the whole gorgeous card (which i DO!) you HAND RUFFLED that ribbon into a rosette??!?! holy WOW! i thought that was one of those embellies i keep seeing! yikes, you are GOOOOOD missus!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the doily frames that sweet little tea pot ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Lorraine! What a wonderful way to use the teapot sticker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really pretty! I love all the elenents you used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love that gold ribbon framing your jewelly teapot! I think you should make a few more since you have several of those stickers! Darn that Michaels, was there today & everything, I mean everything was on sale? Just love that place, TOO much sometimes! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.