Monday, September 5, 2011

Teapot Tuesday 162



Ahh, I can hear you saying "what kind of inspiration is that?".  Well, let me tell you, it is very inspirational and here is why.  This week our destination station is once again Mrs. Cousins.  She will be celebrating her 109th birthday on September 14th.  Last year Cindy and the Teapotters were so wonderful to help her celebrate her birthday by sending her a whole slew of handmade cards.  She thoroughly enjoyed them and would share them with whomever came to visit her.  She even had a special box made to store them in.  

One of the things that she liked the most about the cards was the notes and well-wishes that came along with them.  Mrs. Cousins is a well-traveled, well-versed lady who loves to learn even at her advanced age.  She, in her words, "loves life" and loves hearing about how people celebrate their lives.  

So, when I asked Cindy if we could do a card shower for her, Cindy insisted that we do another Teapot Tuesday challenge.  The teapot is clear because we are supposed to give a glimpse of what our lives and interests are.  You really have to read the story that Cindy wrote - she is so creative and always comes up with the most fun stories.  Click here to see what I mean.   

Well, if I were to give a glimpse into my likes and life I would start with the color blue - my favorite.  I would add a blue chair so you could sit down and join me with a cup of tea.  Perhaps we would just talk, or maybe we might do a project together.  You could choose from a multitude of craft supplies.  Or maybe we could take a walk in the yard, check out the flowers that are blooming, maybe do a little birdwatching, take a few photographs.  I could tell you about my family and how they put up with my creative wackiness.  I could share some stories about raising cockatiels, or stories from the many years that I was a substitute teacher.  It would be a nice visit and it really doesn't have to be all about me........... I'd love to hear about you too!


This card is mostly blue and white - one of my favorite color combinations.  The chair image is from the SU set Cherish Friendship.  It's stamped in Basic Gray on watercolor paper and colored using ink and an aquapainter and straight markers for the flower arrangement.  The bird, sentiment, and flowers on the right are from the SU set Language of Friendship.  I used the punches that match up with the images to punch the bird and flowers out.  The sentiment is on Bashful Blue cs.  The Marina Mist layer is embossed using a texture plate and there is a bow made from white taffeta. 


Now, you don't have to be a stamper or card maker to send a birthday card to Mrs. Cousins, so if you'd care to write her a little note let me know and I'll get you her address.

Okay, I am anxious to go see what those teapotters have come up with for this challenge.  Want to see?  Click here.

3 comments:

  1. I would be so honored to spend a day with you. Strolling through your yard, hearing about your plants and interests.

    I hope you come to my blog today and see the birds I got to spend some time with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful card for Eula, Lorraine! Its so you! Whenever I see birdies, I think of you! Blue is one of my favorite cards as well.....this card is just lovely and will be such a great addition to Eula's collection of birthday cards for 109! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Lorraine! Just wanted to say thank you so much for the photo of DJ!!! Will loved it. I'm going to frame it and put it with some Yankee item's!! You are the absolute best! Thanks again! Hope you are doing well!!!

    Hugs! Barb

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.