Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Jingle Belles 33

Bring on the Bling!  Show the sparkle, twinkle, razzle dazzle.  Make it shine, glitter, show it's pizzazz!  Get the picture?  I did, but I struggled a little with this one.


I actually spent about an hour straigtening out my work table, cleaning and putting away stamps and sets, filing paper and scraps, picking up bits and pieces on the floor, etc., before I started working on this and I think I wore myself out.  I had thought that I wanted to add glitter to that wreath but I stopped myself and now I think it will become a royal mess and stick to that snowflake gem sticker if I do.  Oh, but wait.  Now that I'm thinking about that I can take my Frost White Shimmer paint or some H2O's to that wreath and sparkle that up a bit.  Yes, I think I will........... sometime before it gets mailed. 

I wanted to use that new Island Indigo paper as my background.  I know it's not a usual holiday color, but I like it.  The wreath is my new Memory Box twig wreath die I had been playing with with white paper this time.  The snowflake is one that I found in the dollar bin at Mike's (when they still had dollar bins, now they're $1.50 bins!).  I punched some holes at the corners and threaded some silver metallic stretch cord through them then added the blue gems in the corners.  This is only 4" x 4" but it will do well for a gift enclosure or thank you note during the holidays.

Off to check out the rest.  Click here to join me.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the silver cording treatment, and those gems in the corners! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ♥WOW♥! i love everything about this from the gorgeous blue color to the sparkly snowflake to that AMAZING treatment with the cord around the edges! BRILLIANT in every sense of the word! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that gorgeous background color ... and how cool is that snowflake ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this big ole blingy snowflake! And what can't that be a Christmas color! I love it...very eye catching! I betcha is even more beautiful in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really like this card, the colors you've chosen work really well with the relatively clean and simple design. It's that design that then makes the elements POP! The wreath is beautiful as is, but I could see adding some Twinkling H2Os if you wanted to and that looking marvelous too. I like the idea of putting the stretch cording as a frame around and then adding the jewels. It's a marvelous card.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.