Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 102

We had two teapots to inspire us today.  One was a football-related one and the other was a basketball theme.  Our sporty teapot cards are headed to a little boy who has cancer and needs some spirit-lifting.

I went home at lunchtime yesterday to try to plan out my card.  Of course I could not find the football stamp that I have.  I know it's around some place.  But then I remembered the All-Star Game was going to be on so I decided a baseball card was the way to go.

This punched baseball character is the genius of Ellen Kemper.  She has the most fantastic and whimsical punch art I've seen.  You must - I say must - click on the link above and visit her blog and see what I mean.  Check out her side bar for a list of specific characters.


I had recently purchased the stars embossing folder and new it would be perfect for the background.  It's done in the new Marina Mist.  The sentiment comes from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I have to tell you that that set is so handy to have.  It covers so many occasions!

The punches used were:  1 3/4 circle, 1 3/8 circle, scallop circle, word window, medium and small ovals, butterfly, and the spiral binder punch is the cleats. 

Let's go see what the others have been up to in the gallery.

3 comments:

  1. I will definitely check that link out later on this evening, I like punch art. This really made me smile to see - so cheerful and upbeat. I'm amazed at the detail of the studs on the trainers, and the star background certainly is just right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh, is this ever cute, Lorraine! Like Kim wrote: you hite a Home Run with this one!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.