Monday, June 2, 2008

INKredible Color Challenge 6/1


The color challenge this week was to use Barely Banana and Real Red. I just got my Riot of Petals stamp, along with a couple of others and I was itching to use one of them. Instead of inking the whole background stamp up, I chose one of the flowers and focused on that. I stamped it in Black Stazon on watercolor paper and used my aquapainter to color the image in Real Red. I was aiming for more white towards the center - oh well!
The ovals are cut with the coluzzle out of the Barely Banana cs. I sponged Barely Banana on the edge of the larger one and Real Red on the edges of the smaller one. The card base is scored twice every 1/2 inch and I used my VersaMarker to try to highlight the scoring. You can't see it that well in the picture but IRL it pops more. The scoring gives the card base some texture. I added a bow in Real Red 5/8" grosgrain as the finishing touch.
This is one of those cards that's not going to fit in a normal envelope because of the size. A square one should do it - it's going to need extra postage anyway because of the bow!
A tip for cutting out this image - before you cut the outer edges of the petals, use your craft knife to get at the inside spaces. You get a sturdier base to work with that way and less chance of pulling off one of the petals accidently.
If anyone who uses Blogger can tell me how to keep the paragraph spaces I'd appreciate it. I can't tell you how many times I have been back and forth with the preview and editing to try to get the paragraph breaks to show up. I really am not a bad typist and this is frustrating me!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.