Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Squareathon - September 2020 - Week 3

Day 15
Lonesome Dove
Larry McMurtry


Day 16
The Mermaid Chair
Sue Monk Kidd
(The story took place on Egret Island)


Day 17
The Time Traveler's Wife
Audrey Niffenegger
The wife in the story was a paper sculptor and this is a very mediocre attempt at a somewhat 3-D paper creation in my sketchbook.  


Day 18
The Color Purple
Alice Walker
Taken very literally.


Day 19 
TheYear of Magical Thinking
Joan Didion


Day 20 
Cold Comfort Farm
Stella Gibbons
"She liked Victorian novels.  They were the only kind of novel you could read while eating an apple."


Day 21
The Sun Also Rises
Ernest Hemingway
The crowd at the Festival of the Running of the Bulls.


And with that, we're done with Squareathon 2020.  This was definitely a challenge as I hadn't read most of the books.  But, being able to use Google to search for information (plots synopsis, characters, settings, quotes, etc.) enabled me to persevere.  I'm glad that it was only 21 days.  I think I would say that 14 days would have been better, but that was not my choice. (Although I could have stopped at 14, but I wanted to finished what I had started.)  

I have some card making to catch up on before Inktober starts.  

5 comments:

  1. Lovely, you are so prolific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Year Of Magical Thinking caught my eye, love how the pattern makes a butterfly, but they are all great and very colourful. You did a really good job pf following all the prompts!
    Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that The colour purple

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, my favourite is going to be the egret, I love it. I don't think the paper sculpture is mediocre at all. The apple made me smile, because I haven't read Cold Comfort Farm for years and just recently added it to my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.