Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Squareathon - September 2020 - Week 1

I started the Squareathon on September 1st when it began but I haven't gotten around to posting here until now so I will break it up into 3 posts for the three weeks that it is running for.  This time Mel has chosen book titles as the prompts.  You don't have to had actually read the books (which was a good thing because I haven't read most of these), you just had to create something that would relate to some part of the book - the title, the setting, the subject matter, etc.  I googled the titles and read the synopsis and looked at images for each one to get ideas.  The only hard and fast rule of Squareathon is that the finished product be in the form of a square.  I have a small 5.5 x 5.5 watercolor journal that I've been using for Squarethon.  


Day 1 
The Night Circus
Erin Morgenstern


Day 2
All Creatures Great and Small
James Herriot


Day 3 
Little Women
Louisa May Alcott


Day 4 
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Mark Haddon


Day 5 
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt


Day 6
1984
George Orwell


Day 7 
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Maya Angelou


That's the first week.  More to come.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! The Night Circus is probably my favourite, but I think 1984 is very well done. And books I loved were the James Herriot ones and the Curious Incident of the Dog. It sounds like a fun series of prompts.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.