Sunday, August 19, 2018

Playing in my Art Journals

First a PSA - Blogger bloggers, check your spam folder for an e-mail from Blogger asking you if you want to be notified by e-mail of comments to your blog.  Mine was in my SPAM folder which I usually don't check, but for some reason did yesterday and lo and behold, there it was.  Then later I looked at my e-mail and sure enough, there was a notification that Sabrina had left me a comment on my last post along with the contents of the comment.  Yippee!  Although it's not a habit of mine (but probably should be) I like responding by e-mail better than leaving replies to comments in the comment section.  If someone asks a question that might be pertinent to completing a project similar to what I have posted, of course, replying in the comments would be beneficial for everyone.  But sometimes you just want to make it a little more personal.  So, anyway Blogger friends - check that SPAM folder!

I splurged on a set of Arteza Brush Pens and used an illustration from a tutorial on watercoloring leaves and berries by Dawn Nicole.  



Someone on FB had posted a picture of a Rosy Maple Moth that I fell in love with and just had to try creating with some Derwent Inktense colored pencils.  (I would love to see one of these IRL.)


And the last few days I've been having some fun with my Cuttlelola dots pen.  







This one is based on a photo I took and shared a couple of posts back.  I like the way this came out except for the big mistake that I made with the shading.  I have conflicted the light source between the grass fronds and the other elements.  They all should have the darker side on the same side, but I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to that detail and didn't notice it until there were several fronds of grass already done.  Everything is a lesson, isn't it!


I think I need lots more practice with this!



3 comments:

  1. A post filled with fun images - I especially love that most adorable bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me ages and some help to start get comment notification sgsin, that was a hirrhorr glitch. Wow, that moth is beautiful and you've given it that soft furry look that moths have. The dot pen looks fun. I really like the shells, and wouldn't have noticed the conflicted lighting in the toadstool if you hadn't mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.