Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Jingle Belles - Spirit of Christmas Past

What do you think of when you think of vintage Christmas?  Do you think of lace and velvet?  Or maybe ice skating and sleigh riding?  When I think of vintage Christmas it takes me back to my childhood days when I looked forward to baking cookies and doing craft projects.   So the image that I used for this card combines a little of both of those.  


This image is a Tasha Tudor stamp.  I could go on about the sweet little books that Tasha Tudor wrote and illustrated, but to keep it short I'll just say that I purchased this stamp, not so much for myself, but to use for my cousin who happens to have a passion about all things Tasha Tudor.  

I stamped the image in Marina Mist on a piece of school drawing paper in the hopes that it would resemble a page that you might see in an old coloring book.  A vintage coloring book maybe?  And I used the plaid background because it reminded me of the comfortable flannel pajamas that we wore in those days.  


Oh, and the buttons and seam binding - well, what would a Christmas craft be without buttons and ribbons?  

Join me here to check out all the other Spirits of Christmas Past.

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, YES, tasha tudor is the PERFECT artist for a vintage theme! LOVE this stamp and i especially loooooooooooove that you've used that soft blue shade, it's gorgeous! always pleased to see your name at JINGLE BELLES, you never disappoint, missus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, what a sweet image! I love Tasha Tudor too...I didn't realize there were stamps with her illustrations! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to look Tasha Tudor up! This is so definitely a vintage Christmas, with the plaid paper and the wonderfully pleated/folded ribbon. Mmm, I can almost smell the gingerbread. And I love the dogs waiting for any pickings.
    I hope you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.