Looks like we've got a little bit of mosaic madness going on. This week's story ties into last week's story. I didn't make the party last week, but from what I gather there must've been some rowdy partying going on because things got broken and well, we're not just sweeping it under the rug, we're using those broken bits of china and pottery and thus the mosaics.
I used some patterned dsp as my "tiles". The card base was run through my Xyron first making the whole thing sticky. Then I adhered the tiles. Next I used some white embossing powder as the grout, pouring it on the areas around the tiles. The tiles looked kind of flat after that so I got out my VersaMark pad and inked them up. I then doused them with clear embossing powder giving the whole thing the look of tiles and grout.
The flowers were made from more of the coordinated dsp. They are made by punching a circle of paper and cutting it into a spiral. Then you wind the spiral from the outside in to create the flower. I glued this rolled paper onto a 1/2" circle and then onto the card base.
The finishing touch was the addition of the white taffeta ribbon. It's simple, but I like the way that it came out. You can have mosaics with random patterns of random sized material or you can have a mosaic using like shapes and sizes.
Since I had some extra paper cut out for this I actually put together another base for another day. This card will be going out in the mail in the next couple of days to a fellow teapotter who needs a bit of a lift.
Let's go over to the gallery to see the rest of the mosaics. Click Here