Thursday, August 18, 2011

Strawberry Origami

HWNSNBP says that I need a nickname.  I told him that I already have one - Princess Origami.  He doesn't think that's good, but I like it.  I think I'm even going to make myself a Princess Origami crown and possibly costume to wear for Halloween.  Of course, no one will know who I am, but that's okay. 

When I saw this card-fold I knew I had to give it a try.  There's a very good tutorial by Wendy Weixler here.  The one difference that I made was to score my first scores at 3 1/4" to center the those diamond shapes a little better. 


This card was destined for a co-worker along with a strawberry coring tool that I had been telling her about.


But before I sent it  Rachel needed a Thank You card for someone and this was the only one I had with me that would have been suitable so I gave it to her to use and made another.


Just a little bit different on the outside.


I like this fold.  It's not hard at all and is a good way to use some of the accumulated dsp that I have. 

For both cards I used Tart n Tangy for the strawberry and Vintage Vogue for the rest. 

2 comments:

  1. I know I still have to play catch-up on a couple of posts, but this one has popped up just at the end of my breakfast-in-bed. I must try that difference in the scoring. And I really love what you've done on the inside with Vintage Vogue. I made a couple and still think I'd need to make a couple more to get a handle on how to decorate them, but you seem to have taken to it like a duck to water.

    Hope the back to school doesn't have too many hiccups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! What a fun little gift.....both the strawberry core thingy (I think I saw one of those recently at Bed, Bath and Beyond!) and this fun card! So cool...you are always trying new stuff! Good for you! I love that about you!

    Okay, since your hubby doesn't like Orgami Princess and thinks you need a new nic-name and you want to be a Princess....how about a compromise with the new nicname of...

    I Reign Lorraine!

    That way, he gets a new nickname for you, you getta be a princess and whenever you want to do something, go somewhere or buy something he doesn't agree with, you can say to him.....

    Honey, I am............

    I Reign Lorraine!

    I's good to be Queen, I mean Princess!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.