Monday, September 6, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 110


I love this week's teapot.  Actually, I found this teapot on the internet and sent the link to Cindy some time ago.  She filed it away to be used when we needed a butterfly at the tea party.   Well, as you can see, this week we needed a butterfly.  There is a great, cute story that goes with this - click here.  

There are two butterflies on my card that go with the story.  They're dressed in camouflage and they have a reconnassaince mission this week, thus the map.  They're Top Gun Wannabe's and they need to differentiate their target.  Points will be given for the one who lands on a yellow flower. 


Oh, oh, can you tell?  Is this worthy of a point.  Ha!  Only the recipient and I will know for sure!!!


I used the Hostess Punch Potpourri stamp set for both the butterflies and the flowers.  The butterflies were stamped with Pacific Point ink stamped off once.  The flowers were stamped in Basic Black on Daffodil Delight and Real Rose cs.  Then I used markers of the same color to add some dimension to the flowers.  The centers were colored black with a marker and then I dabbed Crystal Effects on them.  The leaves were left over from last week and are in Certainly Celery cs.  The map comes from SU's Newsprint DSP.  I took a q-tip and rubbed some pastels on the map (Bashful Blue on the water and one of the greens for the land).  Some of the flowers were popped up on dimensionals.

This card has a destination station of a lady who has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. 

I'm glad this stamp set matches up with the punches so well.  It made it come together very quickly.  School starts tomorrow - the staff comes back - and I've got to get going to be ready for the big day. 

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't work out where the butterfly came in when I checked out Cindy's sneak peek over the weekend, and the colours were so beautiful that I thought I'd wait till today. Now I see the pot and your card I am glad I waited. Hopefully by the time I get home from work the anti-histamines will have kicked in and I can get busy.
    Love the layout you used for this with the partial circle rimmed with flowers. That is Ireland on the map paper, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how bright and cheerful this card is! I smiled the minute I saw it and I love that those butterflies are Top Gun wannabees :) Great flight colors :) I know this card will create the same cheerful response from the recipient - it will definitely bring healing with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card.. I love all the butterflies.. I know Jackie will love this when she sees it.. I loved this pot when Cindy posted it.. Great choice..Hope your week at school went well. That is always a stressful time..

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.