Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 108

Isn't this a gorgeous dress?  Could you image someone wearing it to a ball or a formal dinner aboard a cruise liner about 96 or so years ago?   The liner being the Titanic and the owner of the dress being Margaret Brown aka The Unsinkable Molly Brown.  Well, that's exactly where our story went this week.  And I must admit that I clicked on Cindy's links and did some perusing of the Molly Brown Museum and found out some other interesting facts. 


As we were packing up to leave for vacation I had to make this a quick one so I decided to give a facelift to the walls in one of the "green" bedrooms. 


I used my Watercolor Trio stamp set and stamped the flowers in Pear Pizzazz on paper of the same color.  You see the variations in color because I stamped more than once before reinking.  Then I added a band of Blushing Bride that had been run through the Bit Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  Added a bit of white scallops and then laid down a piece of red line tape.  The new Stitched Poly ribbon is so soft and I wanted to gather it up a bit so I took a needle and some quilting thread and just ran some stitches loosely across the back and pulled it till it curled like you see in the picture.  I knotted the thread and then pressed the gathered ribbon onto the tape.  I think it looks pretty cool. 


After I added the sentiment with the curly label punch, I decided to stamp some butterflies from the same set in Blushing Bride, cut them out and gave them a little punch of color and texture with some MS micro beads (the only non-SU product on this card). 


This card has a destination to a young lady who has gone through some health challenges this year and who has an interest in all things Molly Brown.  I hope this will lift her spirits a bit as she tries to imagine new wallpaper in one of those museum bedrooms!

Okay, enough from me, let's go take a look at the gallery

3 comments:

  1. It was a very interesting link, wasn't it. I need to go back and read it again - over breakfast isn't my most alert time. Lovely soft, pretty card - and have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love that little flower field scene you created Lorraine. Great little butterflies flopping through the air. Love it. And I keep seeing this folder pop up everywhere. How beautiful. :) and hugsxo

    Thank you for the birthday wishes my dear, always makes me feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.